The Mission of the Chamber of Commerce is to strengthen the business climate by providing leadership, representation, networking opportunities, services and education to our membership. Our Vision is to be a committed, visible, supportive organization contributing to the on-going health of the Okotoks and District business community.
The Okotoks and District Chamber of Commerce is looking forward to some tremendous changes in 2012. Due to the staggering growth of Okotoks and area in the last few years our membership continues to grow. Our office space is located at 14 McRae Street in Okotoks. Be sure to stop in and introduce yourself. Our hours of operation are 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
Our Goals and Objectives set out for 2012 include increasing membership by 10%, developing a positive profile to the community at large, deliver education and information to members and local citizens, provide effective coordination of business events, and to develop a forum for business advocacy, lobby and representation through association with the Alberta and Canadian Chambers of Commerce.
Our already successful events and services will continue to grow in 2012. These include:
- Monthly Newsletter
- Membership Cards & Membership Certificate that can be displayed at your place of business
- Monthly Luncheons with Speakers
- Trade & Lifestyle Show (Member discounts and advantages)
- Chamber Service Excellence Awards
- Golf Tournament
- The Membership Directory that is available on our website allowing potential customers quick information and access to your services as well as providing a link to you own website
- Networking events and workshops
- Member-to-Member Discounts. We would ask that 3 or 4 members a month would offer a discount to all Chamber members. We will advertise these monthly promotions in our monthly newsletter as well as on our website. If you would like to be involved with this promotion please contact the Chamber office at 403-938-2848.
As a member of the Okotoks and District Chamber of Commerce you are automatically a member of much larger groups of The Alberta Chambers of Commerce www.abchamber.ca and the Canadian Chambers of Commerce www.chamber.ca. Due to the proud legacy of the Chamber of Commerce your membership in these associations instantly adds credibility to your business. You are permitted and encouraged to proudly display the logos of your Chambers of Commerce in your place of business and your advertising. Through these associations you are eligible for many discounts and benefits. These associations are also amazing resources for businesses in Canada. You are encouraged to check out these websites (or come and see us) and see the work they are involved in.
The Okotoks and District Chamber of Commerce is Open for Business. With our new initiatives we hope we can better inform you and ourselves on the business environment in Okotoks & the District. Members are encouraged to bring forth speakers, promotions, information and inspiration. Communication is the key to this exchange and we are always listening.
Wishing you success in business!
- OKOTOKS & DISTRICT CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.